Say “be mine” the DIY way with these adorable candy containers. Have a lot of sweethearts on your list? You can easily make multiples by setting up an assembly line to prepare a dozen or more. Use them as party favors or classroom treats, or have them on hand when friends drop by.
- Colored or patterned heavy paper
- Clear plastic cup, 8- or 12-ounce size
- Heart-shaped paper punch
- Double-sided tape
- Tissue paper
- Clear tape
- Craft glue
- Decorative trim
1. Wrap heavy paper around cup. Holding paper in place with one hand, use pencil to trace around top and bottom of cup on inside of paper. Unwrap and cut along lines with scissors.
2. Wrap paper around cup again and hold in place with one hand. Decide where you want hearts to go and mark with pencil. Unwrap. Use heart-shaped paper punch to cut hearts in paper.
3. Wrap paper around cup and secure seam with double-sided tape. Cut several sheets of tissue paper into 12″ x 8″ rectangles. Wrap tissue paper around lip of cup, overlapping about 1½”. Secure to lip with clear tape.
4. Glue trim over seam where heavy paper and tissue paper meet.
5. Fill cup with candy. Gather tissue paper and tie with ribbon. Trim tissue paper to desired height.